Tuesday, April 15, 2014

30 Day Challenge, Day 15: Splatter Mani

Hi everyone! Today's 30 Day Challenge prompt was Splatter Mani. Now I'm going to be honest with you...I tried to do a splatter mani the regular way. It was such a mess! There was polish EVERYWHERE! I think, in the end, the straws I had were too big and thus instead of a niced splattered effect on my nails it was globs of polish. I will try again someday, but for today...we have the cheater's version of a splatter mani.


When Bundle Monster released their recent Create Your Own stamping plates, one genius person submitted a splatter image and it is on plate BM-416. I never thought this was such a big deal until I actually TRIED to do a splatter mani and saw what a huge mess it makes, so this image is perfect for a hassle-free splattered look. I used Zoya Blu (baby blue) for the base of my mani and then the stamping colors were Barry M Cyan Blue (bright blue), Barry M Blackberry (navy), and American Apparel African Violet (purple) (which is showing some signs of the original splatter mani carnage on its bottle). I stamped first with the purple, then the bright blue, then the navy, rotating my image and moving it around on the nail each time so that the patterns looked random. I feel like pictures made this look a little weird, but it looked awesome in real life!





Be sure to check out what everyone else is doing today! They probably did the real thing, but I still like my cheater's version. ;) Thanks for looking everyone!


4 comments:

  1. Love all the colours together...stamping a splatter is so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize HOW much easier until I actually tried it. The concept sounds so simple, but SUCH a mess!

      Delete
  2. Blue and purple is always a cute combo, and I love this simple version of a splatter mani. I've never been able to master the actual technique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm gonna give it another go, but it is harder than it looks for sure!

      Delete