Saturday, April 12, 2014

30 Day Challenge, Day 12: Ruffian, Half Moon, or Tips

Hi everyone! Today's 30 Day Challenge mani had to be a ruffian mani, half moon mani, or tips. I chose to do tips and decided to take a cue from one of my favorite nail bloggers ever, Erika from Chloe's Nails, and do a funky french. Erika would always do the neatest funky french manis, and very often she would do black tips. I looked back through her blog at her funky french manis, and she did black tips with holos and duo/multichromes a lot. I did a really simple funky french and used Different Dimension Tulips Are Better Than One with American Apparel Hassid on the tips. Tulips Are Better Than One is SO PRETTY but my photographs just don't do it justice. It has a purple base with shimmer that shifts from aqua/teal/pink. I used 3 coats for full coverage because it is a little on the thinner side, but it is totally worth it for that glowy shimmer. Check out these swatches by Cosmetic Sanctuary, Plump and Polished, and The Polishaholic to see all of the sides of this beauty (I can admit when a polish defeats me!).





Different Dimension polishes are available from their Etsy Shop as well as Llarowe (US), Mei Mei' Signatures (Singapore), and Rainbow Connection (UK). Follow them on Facebook and Instagram to see updates on restocks and new collections as well as to see lots of swatches.

Be sure to check out what the other ladies are doing for the challenge today! Thanks for looking everyone!

8 comments:

  1. I love this base color. And I find this black to be a pretty good one, the one I usually reach for. I really like the combo and I like your pix! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, Hassid is by far my favorite black. Second is FingerPaints Black Expressionism.

      Delete
  2. Amazing color combo!:) And I love your blog!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mani is so elegant! Our of the three choices, tips is the only one I care for. Can't get into the halfmoon or ruffian. Your polish choices are perfect!

    I'm kinda new to polish obsession but I have seen Chloe's nails in Google images a Lot! Wonder why she quit...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really miss Erika's posts. I hope that maybe one day she revives Chloe's Nails because I do love her blog and I still use it as a reference.

      Delete
  4. I just LOVE funky French tips!! love your coloring =))

    ReplyDelete