Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Musings about Nfu-Oh 51

Hi everyone! I've heard a lot of talk recently about Nfu-Oh 51 in reference to it being a dupe for Color Club The Uptown. I've been thinking about it a lot so that gave me an overwhelming desire to wear it. I think that the major thing that people forget about Nfu-Oh 51 is that there are not only flakies present in the purple jelly base but also a LOT of red/green color shifting shimmer a la Clarins 230. Now I don't have The Uptown, but I do have Layla Ceramic Effect 52 (aka The Butterfly Effect) and these look super close to me based on swatches I have seen. The big thing to note: NEITHER of these have the shimmer that Nfu-Oh 51 has. It almost takes over the polish and obscures the flakies somewhat because it is so dense (especially in pictures). I have always thought of Nfu-Oh 51 as more of a layering polish, and the shimmer really pops when you layer it over dark colors. I went with a navy blue for this mani, Barry M Blackberry. This is 2 coats of Nfu-Oh 51 over Barry M Blackberry.





Gah! So pretty! I was reminded again why this is one of my favorite polishes! It never disappoints! I do think that Nfu-Oh 51 and Color Club The Uptown/Layla CE 52 are kissing cousins, but based on what I've seen I definitely do not think they are dupes. Thanks for looking everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous pictures! As for the polish it's absolutely stunning. I wish it wasn't discontinued.

    ReplyDelete