Monday, October 7, 2013

Falling for Nail Art: Sweater Weather

Hi everyone! Today's theme for the Falling for Nail Art Challenge is "Sweater Weather". This mani was so hard for me to do because it is still 80 + degrees F here in South Alabama, so sweater weather isn't even on my radar. But...I guess my nails can look they are ready for it, eh?

For this mani, I started out with a base of a dark teal creme, CND Urban Oasis. Then I used a sponge and lightly sponged on a mixture of Essie School of Hard Rocks and OPI Mermaid Tears to give the nails a mottled look, so it would look more "sweatery". Then I used Nailz Craze plate 03 to do the stamping. This was a hard plate to use because it needed to be lined up just right on every nail for the design to look uniform, and I failed a bit at this (on my middle nail especially). But the design is brilliant for winter. It would probably look nicer on someone with nice long nails, but, I digress...




Nailz Craze stamping plates are available from designer Natalie's Etsy Shop. They do ship from Israel, but I found that the shipping time and cost of shipping was very reasonable to the United States. Thanks for looking everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic job! the sponging to create the mottled sweater look is the icing on the cake, this mani really made me stop and do a double take!

    ReplyDelete