Sunday, April 5, 2015

Orly Sugar High Collection

*Purchased by Me*

Hi everyone! I'm completely lacking a cute Easter mani today like I was planning because I've been too busy with work, but I decided to share a springy collection with you guys. Today I have Orly's new Sugar High Collection for Spring 2015. This collection consists of 4 cremes and 2 shimmers in soft spring colors (with one exception). When I saw the promos for this collection, I really loved how cohesive all of the colors were (and the names because I love to bake), so I decided to get them all. I ordered mine online, but I've seen displays out in stores for them already, so they shouldn't be too hard to locate now.



Sweet Dreams is a greyish taupe with strong fine purple shimmer. Formula was thin but easy to work with in thin coats (avoid overloading your brush with polish to prevent pooling). I used 3 thin coats for this mani. I think it photographed slightly cooler than it is in real life, but the base is a slightly warm taupey grey. The shimmer is absolutely gorgeous in this one and isn't shy at all.

Orly-Sweet-Dreams

Orly-Sweet-Dreams

Orly-Sweet-Dreams

Frosting is a white crelly with heavy gold shimmer. The golden shimmer gave this polish an overall off-white look. Formula was thin but easy to work with and built up nicely in 3 thin coats. I would definitely use thin coats because this type of shimmer is a nightmare to get off of your skin with clean-up, so you want to avoid any running into your cuticles. This polish is very lovely and makes me think of what a white crelly version of China Glaze White Cap would look like.

Orly-Frosting

Orly-Frosting

Orly-Frosting

Key Lime Twist is a bright light lime green. The formula of this one was the most problematic of the bunch. It tended to streak a bit, so I used 3 light coats and it evened out well with topcoat (so it was not great, but not terrible). Formula issues aside, this was one of my favorites from the collection because it is so bright it's almost neon looking (sort of a muted neon look, like the Maybelline Bleached Neons). For me, the color was worth dealing with the less than ideal formula.

Orly-Key-Lime-Twist

Orly-Key-Lime-Twist

Cake Pop is a whitish pink creme. This one tends to be a more pink in lower lighting, but it looks really light here in brighter light. I"m sure it would look more pink of different skintones as well, but it pulls more white on me because I'm very pink toned to begin with. Formula was okay, but not great. I used 3 coats for full coverage and I used light strokes to avoid streaking. Overall, I really enjoyed this polish for a clean, fresh look.

Orly-Cake-Pop

Orly-Cake-Pop

Candy Shop is a medium mauvey purple creme. Formula on this one was really nice and creamy and opaque in 2 coats. This isn't a terribly unique color, but it is a really flattering and wearable purple.

Orly-Candy-Shop

Orly-Candy-Shop

Plum Sugar is a deep auburgine purple creme. This one also had a great formula that was opaque in 2 easy coats. This is such a dark color that it's unexpected in a spring collection, but it's very nice and I can see it being used a lot as a base for glitters, shimmers, etc in my collection.

Orly-Plum-Sugar

Orly-Plum-Sugar

The Orly Sugar High is in stores now where Orly is sold (here they are stocked locally at Ulta and Sally Beauty Supply). I actually purchased this set online at Nailsupplies.us.

Have you seen these around? Are any of them striking your fancy? Thanks for looking everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment