Saturday, December 21, 2013

Indigo Bananas A Star to Sail By

Hi everyone! Today I have a super amazing polish for your from Indigo Bananas called A Star to Sail By. This is unlike any polish that I own. It is very hard to capture the bling factor in pictures, but it is the shiniest polish in my collection. It is made up of super shiny silver and gold flakes (along with some holo bits) in a clear base. When it goes on, it looks like you have applied foil to your nails. My pictures may be misleading because it is zoomed in so you can see the texture of the flakes in some pictures, BUT the flakes lie completely smooth and flat on your nail. This polish leans more rose gold than a true gold, which I find very flattering on my skintone. I used 2 coats over Deborah Lippmann Nefertiti for this mani.





 
Then I decided to do some stamping over A Star to Sail By with a snakeskin pattern. I used Bundle Monster plate 215 and Konad Black polish for my design. I swear this looked like nail strips in real life because the base so reflective and interesting. It definitely didn't look like an effect you could achieve with just nail polish.



Indigo Bananas polishes are available from their Etsy Shop as well as from Edgy Polish (Sweden) and Mei Mei's Signatures (Singapore). Be sure to follow Indigo Bananas on their official websiteFacebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter to see many amazing swatches and keep up-to-date on new collections, restocks, etc. Thanks for looking everyone!

1 comment:

  1. This is super gorgeous! I love that it's a unique gold.

    ReplyDelete