Friday, December 6, 2013

CrowsToes Better Late Than Never Collection

Hi everyone! I have finally gotten some time after Thanksgiving/Iron Bowl Madness to finish swatching the gorgeous CrowsToes Better Late Than Never Fall 2013 collection! Get ready for lots of pictures!

Dragon in Drag (2 coats over RBL Become One). This is my second favorite of the collection after Indian Summer because the glitter mix is just so totally me. I've said it before and I'll say it again: There's just nothing like a good old CrowsToes glitterbomb! She is one of the best in the biz and this is a stunning example of why. There are green, purple, and iridescent glitters in a clear base (some holo glitters too). This spread very easily with fantastic glitter payoff. I used a thicker topcoat (Essence Gel Look Topcoat) and it smoothed the glitters out easily.



Green Eyed Lady is a smoky green shimmer in a blackened base with golden flakes throughout. This was completely opaque in 2 coats and spread very easily. The flakes are very prominent and visible in the polish even though they can be a bit camera shy at times. 



Quarter Til Today is a purple jelly with a prominant copper shimmer. This one is pretty sheer, but builds up nicely. It would be fine at 3 coats with careful application; with less careful application 4 coats might be necessary. I would be careful to let it dry a bit between coats to eliminate dragging. It is really glowy out the in sunlight, as you can see below. 



Half Past Yesterday has a very similar base to Quarter Til Today although slightly more opaque and with the addition of copper and holographic glitters. This one would be good at 3 coats on its own, but for this mani I layered 2 coats over Quarter Til Today since the bases were so similar. I felt that this was a very elegant glitter that most anyone would be able to pull off (including those non-glitter lovers out there). 



Zero is a light blue jelly base filled with orange, white, and iridescent glitter. I actually think that you could get this one pretty opaque on its own at 3 coats, but I would recommend layering it because the glitter is very dense in this one and I feel like 3 coats would be too much glitter for me. I layered 2 coats over American Apparel Redondo Beach for this mani. The color combo here is totally fab!



You Are Here is a black polish with multicolored glassfleck shimmer. The shimmer is so vibrant and gorgeous in real life but refused to show up well in pictures. It reminds me of a shimmer version of Butter London The Black Knight (where it has the multicolored shimmer instead of the multicolored glitter). Formula was excellent with full coverage at 2 coats. I see this as being the perfect polish as a starting point for galaxy nail art as well if you want to give that a try. 




And just for completeness' sake...I wanted to include pictures of the other 3 that I have already posted so that there would be swatches of the entire collection in one place. 

Hellhound (complete review here). 

Black Widow (complete review here). 


Indian Summer (complete review here). 


CrowsToes polishes are available at Llarowe (US), Overall Beauty (US), Atouts Charme (France),Maria Gastadeira (Brazil), Norway Nails (Norway), Femme Fatale Cosmetics (Australia), and Rainbow Connnection (UK). Be sure to follow CrowsToes on Facebook and Instagram as well as on creator Lauri's Blog for all updates and details about new collections. Thanks for looking everyone!

*Polishes sent for my honest review*

No comments:

Post a Comment