Sunday, November 4, 2012

Oopsie Daisies Apple Picking

You got an hour back today...so why not have an extra blog post to celebrate? Right? So this fall, I have seen a lot of fall and harvest themed polishes around but when I saw Oopsie Daisies Apple Picking, I knew I had to have it immediately. I have had it for awhile now, but I wanted to wait until November to wear it so it wouldn't be mixed in with all of the Halloween manis.

Then I had another vision...the perfect BASE. I think I have discussed this on my blog before but I am not much of a yellow polish person. Actually, until last week, I owned zero yellow cremes. When I saw this polish...I wanted a buttery pale yellow creme to layer it over and I went on the search for the perfect one. I had heard that American Apparel Butter was a great one, but when I ordered some American Apparel polishes it was out of stock (and I don't have a store nearby). So when I went to Ulta, I happened upon Revlon Colorstay Buttercup and it was absolutely perfect! The yellow I had been searching for! It has a nice formula and was opaque in two coats with no streaking AND it compliments my skin tone (which is hard for a yellow to do...though they may try). I'm pleased as punch with my find and if any of you are looking for a nice yellow...pick this one up!

So on to the mani! I thought the combination of glitters in the polish was so fresh and fun for fall and not necessarily your typical fall mix of brown/red/orange. I think the addition of the green in it really makes the polish special. It truly makes me think of a bucket of apples as well as fall leaves. the formula was very nice and free flowing and the glitter was very easy to work with. This is 2 coats of Apple Picking over Revlon Colorstay Buttercup.




Oopsie Daisies polishes are available from owner Cathryn's Etsy store. She has been closed for about a week due to Hurricaine Sandy but is now open for business again as of today and is premiering a new collection (which I may or may not have already ordered some of...hmmmm). Also for updates on Oopsie Daisies you can check out her blog and her Facebook page. Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE this! I always have a hard time finding the perfect base for the multi-colored glitter polishes. This base you chose is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I know it really is hard to pick one sometimes! You would think it would be easier because it would go with so many things but it often isn't!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad it looks as good as I imagined when I started out on my quest for that yellow!

      Delete
  3. These are absolutely perfect together! Buttercup is my all-time favourite yellow creme too, it's great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I agree it is so fabulous! I'm so glad I spotted it at Ulta and gave it a try!

      Delete
  4. Hi Jenny, rmcandlelight here from mua. Glad to find your blog. I love all your pretty combo swatches. This one is so pretty! I have Revlon Buttercup but haven't used it yet glad to hear it's an awesome yellow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! So glad you found my blog! <3 I always love your manis!

      Delete