Monday, September 15, 2014

Pirate Nail Art Challenge: Sea Creatures

Hi everyone! Today I have my first post for the Pirate Nail Art Challenge that is being put on by the Challenge Your Nail Art Group. September 19th is International Talk Like a Pirate Day, so from the 15th-19th we are going to be doing sea and pirate themed nail art. For more details on the challenge, see this post by Be Happy and Buy Polish.


Today's theme is "Sea Creatures", and I did a bit of an unusual interpretation of that theme. I was really inspired by the girls doing the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge to do a different take on an animal print, and I wanted to do some nail art inspired by my absolute favorite shell...the shell of the abalone! While they look pretty plain on the outside, the inner lining of the abalone shell is coated in mother-of-pearl and the beautiful iridescence displays a rainbow of colors.


For this mani, I started off with a base of KBShimmer Eclipse (black creme). I then randomly dabbed on some multichrome holos from Darling Diva Polish including We Will Rock You, Bohemian Rhapsody, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, and Fischy! Fischy! Fischy! Finally I used a fine nail art brush and black acrylic paint to create the pattern of the abalone shell. I finished the whole thing off with a coat of Darling Diva Polish's Pryzmatic Performance Enhancing Topcoat.


And I just had to pose with my beautiful abalone shell necklace. I'm so pleased with how this turned out!


So what do you think of this look? Did I got too far out of the box for the sea creatures theme?

Be sure to check out what everyone else did for the challenge! Thanks for looking everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment