Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Scofflaw Nail Varnish Spam!

Hi everyone! I'm trying my best to stop ignoring some of my older untrieds. I did a Pahlish post recently (and there will definitely be a few more of those!) but next I decided to go to my Scofflaws. Creator Finch will often restock older Scofflaws, so I wouldn't say that any of these are completely discontinued except for one, which was a limited edition.

Love Letter to Kurt Vonnegut (Limited Edition, discontinued) is a periwinkle creme with blue and grey flake shimmer/glitter, holo bits, and a purple/blue color shifting shimmer. This was one of the very first limited edition Scofflaws and it was only available for one restock if I remember correctly. It is a complex beauty, that is for sure.



Bob Ross Duo - Winter 2014 Collection

Happy Little Trees (over Love Letter to Bob Ross) is a glitter topper that contains light green, light yellow, aqua, and gunmetal glitters in a clear base. This is a really fun glitter topper that pairs perfectly with its counterpart, Love Letter to Bob Ross, and also with Wraith Pinned to the Mist (I loved this combo on a nail wheel!). Formula was pretty good for a chunky glitter, but dabbing was used to get even distribution of the larger glitters. I used 1 dabbed coat for this mani.



Love Letter to Bob Ross is a teal cream with a complex base filled with red, blue, pink, and grey glitter/flakes. There is also a strong green shimmer that really sets it off. It is understated, but interesting. It is meant to be worn with its glitter topper, but it is just stunning on its own. I used 2 easy coats for this mani.



Chromosaurus Hex (Winter 2014) is a taupy purple creme with green and gold glitter and a strong complex gold/green shimmer. The shimmer in this polish is stunning! It's purple, but it almost reads neutral in a way. Formula was good and I used 3 thin coats for this mani. A lovely understated polish that really surprised me when I put it on (since I'm usually attracted to the more loud and bright polishes).



Thunder Kitty (Original Collection) is a neon pink jelly with grey and black glitter. It's so simple but it just works! It's bright (even more than it shows in pictures) and wonderful. I used 3 thin coats for this mani. This is a perfect polish to wear during these summer months!



Whiskey Tango Foxtrot (Original Collection) is a turquoise jelly base with red, white, gold, and brown glitters. I remember seeing this polish originally and thinking "How do those color go together?", but they really do and make such a gorgeous cohesive polish. Formula was great and I used 3 thin coats for this mani. This has jumped to one of my favorite Scofflaws now!



Wraith Pinned to the Mist (Winter 2014) is another one of Finch's fabulous complex shimmers. It has a dusty aqua base with flake shimmer in gold, purple, and turquoise with a blue/green shimmer. I feel like some pictures make this one look brighter than it is (like the macro shot), but it is a muted aqua color. Formula was good and I used 3 thin coats for this mani. Just look at that macro...so much good stuff going on in this one!



Paranoid Android (Summer 2013) has a sky blue base with neon coral, plum, light blue, and gunmetal glitter with light blue shimmer. Formula was great on this one and I used 3 thin coats for this mani. Another favorite of mine for sure!



Scofflaw Nail Varnish is available in Finch's Big Cartel Shop. Be sure to follow Scofflaw's Facebook page and Instagram for updates on restocks and new collections (as well as to see lots of pretty swatches.) There will be a new summer collection lauching next month, so be on the lookout for that. Thanks for looking everyone!

1 comment: