Sunday, July 20, 2014

Leadlighting with Polish Addict Nail Color Neon Collection

Hi everyone! Today I have a recent mani where I finally tried out the leadlighting technique that has become quite popular lately with nail stamp fanatics. For this technique, you paint on a white base and then stamp on a black or dark stamp that has a lot of free space that you can fill in with color. Then you use sheer jelly polishes to fill in the design to give a stained glass/leadlight effect. Since the jellies are sheer, you can paint over the black lines without covering them.

For this mani, I started with my white base, OPI Angel With a Lead Foot from the recent Mustang Collection. I found this white to have an excellent, non-streaky formula so you should try it out if you are looking for a good white! Next I used a floral design from Winstonia plate W-04 and stamped it on using Mundo de Unas Black. To avoid smearing the design, I applied topcoat and let it dry completely before proceeding to the leadlighting. For the leadlighting, I used 3 jelly polishes with scattered holo from Polish Addict Nail Color's Summer Neon Collection: Barbie Code, Kiss a Mermaid, and Caution. I painted them on with a nail art brush and blended them for a gradient effect on the petals. This was a very simple technique to do with quite a dramatic effect on the nail.




Polish Addict Nail Color is available from their Big Cartel Shop as well as from these international stockists.  Follow them on Facebook and Instagram for product updates and to see swatch photos.

Thanks for looking everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment