Sunday, October 26, 2014

Hobby Polish Bloggers October Halloween Mani Link-Up

*Nothing to Disclose*

Hi everyone! Today I taking part in the first Hobby Polish Bloggers Monthly Mani Link-Up and this month's theme is Halloween! Hobby Polish Bloggers is a Facebook group that I'm involved in whose members are nail bloggers that blog for fun. It is a great group of gals that share blogging tips, discussions, and generally support for our fellow bloggers. This is a new monthly link-up that we are doing, so be sure to check out what all of the other ladies have done for their Halloween manis in the link-up at the end of this post. And if you are on Instagram, you can see their work under #HPBHalloween.

For my Halloween mani, I decided to FINALLY do a tutorial that I've been meaning to try for ages because it is too cute! If you have followed my blog for any time at all, you will know that I adore the nail art looks that The Nailasaurus comes up with and I'm often looking to her nail art for inspiration. Today I decided to copy her Halloween Patchwork nails. It's actually a quite simple design, but requires a bit of patience for the dry time because you have to make sure that each layer of "patches" is dry before you move on to the next. I started off with my orange base (OPI Where Did Suzi's Man-go) and after it dried I used straight Nail Vinyls to make the green (OPI You are So Outta Lime!) and then purple (Illamasqua Jo'Mina) patches. Then I used black acrylic paint and a fine nail art brush to paint on the stitching. I thought it turned out so cute! Also, I did my ring finger in honor of one of my other all-time favorite nail bloggers, Chloe's Nails, who I first saw doing patchwork manis back when I first started getting into nail polish.




So what do you think of this look? I know it's been done a lot, but I really love it! Be sure to check out what these lovely ladies have created! Thanks for looking everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment