Monday, June 9, 2014

Pahlish June Duo: Vincent and the Doctor

Hi everyone! Today I have Pahlish's June "Vincent and the Doctor" Duo to share with you. This polish was inspired by a Doctor Who episode of the same name and is supposed to resemble a deconstructed version of Van Gogh's "Starry Night." I don't know much about Dr. Who, but I am a huge Van Gogh fan, so this duo went straight in my cart. It will only be available for purchase during the month of June, so be sure to grab it while you can!


Fields of Provence is a gorgeous cornflower blue creme with gold and charcoal flakes. Formula is very creamy and smooth and perfectly opaque at two coats. I adore this polish! The combo of blue and gold is always winning. I'm obsessed with this type of flake shimmer lately, and I almost didn't want to cover this up with glitter!




Brighter Than Sunflowers is a fun glitter topper filled different shades of blue glitter and neon yellow glitter accented with large and small stars. As I've found with most glitter toppers that include shaped glitters, this one was best applied with a mixture of brushing and dabbing to get the stars where you want them. Also, extra layers of topcoat are needed to tame the stars, especially the larger ones. This is such an uniquely beautiful glitter topper and a must-have in my opinion.




Pahlish is available from Pahlish's Big Cartel Shop. Be sure to follow Pahlish on Facebook and on their blog for details about restocks (they are Fridays at 7 pm CST) and new polishes. Pahlish is also available from LlaroweOverall BeautyRainbow Connection, and Edgy Polish. Thanks for looking everyone!

*Polishes in this post were purchased by me*

2 comments:

  1. I am wearing this duo right now and I LOOOOOOVE it!! It might be my fave Pahlish duo and that's saying a lot!!! My only trouble was that there were so many stars in the topper that I actually had trouble not having a billion on each nail! I got it under control by the time I did my right hand, but my left (the one I take pics of!) is not my best work. I know I'm not going to want to take this one off!!

    ReplyDelete