Saturday, December 31, 2016

Happy New Year Mani Featuring Paint Box Polish Poppin Bottles

*Nothing to Disclose*

Hi everyone and Happy New Year! I didn't do much to celebrate this year, but I was okay with that. I had a long week and I was perfectly happy just chilling at home with my hubby and my dog. It seems as thought I'm going to start out the new year with a new car since mine was declared totaled after a car accident right before Christmas, so that's fun :/  Also, I've done a ton of holiday cooking/baking/washing dishes over the past few weeks and my nails finally all decided to break in protest, so I'm ringing in the new year with shorties. They've either been in a plain creme or naked all week, but I decided I would jazz them up a bit for the occasion.


For New Years, I decided to use an aptly named polish from Paint Box Polish called Poppin Bottles. Since I stayed home tonight and was boring, it was as close to poppin bottles as I was getting. This was a LE created for New Years that I purchased last Dec/Jan and it is no longer available (and it came with the most delicious smelling Mani Fizz that smelled of Strawberries and Champagne too!). This polish had golden tinted jelly base filled with gold and silver holo glitters and gold flakes. Formula was great and I had full squishy coverage at 2 coats (though you could do 3 coats for more opacity if desired...I liked it with a little squish!). Isn't it beautiful and sparkly?




I decided to add some stamping and instead of going for typical NYE decor like fireworks and champagne, I decided to use one of my favorite elegant combos of black and gold. I went with a really dainty paisley design from Uber Chic plate 1-02 and stamped with Rica Blackout. Overall, as annoyed as I am with my nubs at the moment, I thought this ended up looking pretty nice!



I hope everyone has a safe and happy new year! Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment