Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Waxy Wednesday: Savannah Blue Haul, Wal-Mart Wax, and Sample Bonanza

*Purchased by Me*

Hi everyone, and Happy Valentine's Day! Today's post is a mixed bag of fun from my last week! I'm going to start with my Savannah Blue haul. I'm completely throwing my pal Courtney from Polished Lifting under the bus because she is FOR SURE the cause of my brand new Savannah Blue addiction! Also, I took one look at the gorgeous wax tiles, and I had to order! Just look how pretty!


Aren't these tiles amazing? 

1.5 oz Wax Tiles
Breakfast at Tiffany's: Fruit Loops + Rice Krispie Treats
Sweet Sara: Strawberry Pink Sugar + Toasted Marshmallow + Tea & Cakes
Strawberry Pink Sugar
Abby: Raspberry Lemon Cotton Candy



2.7 oz Break Apart Bars
Coconut Pistachio Cream Pie
Mango Peach Bellini
Blackberry Swirl Tea and Cakes


3 oz Snap Bar
Alice: Tea & Cakes + Fruit Loops


And very generous samples too (all 4 around the edges are samples, I purchased the middle Ginger Lime Scent shot). Can I just plead: PLEASE BRING BACK THE SEA SALT AND ANGEL FOOD CAKE SAMPLERS!! I NEED THEM!

Sunshine + Sea Salt: Copper Coconut + Salty Sea Air
Strawberries + French Toast + Angel Food Cake 
Newport: Salt Water Taffy + Salty Sea Air
Frosted Pistachio Pudding Cake: Buttercream Frosting + Pistachio Pudding + Cake
Ginger Lime: Ginger, Sparkling Lime, Orange, Fresh Apples


And I know...I normally would not buy an 11 oz loaf of a brand new scent...but Lemon Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffin? Sign me up! And as soon as I smelled it...NO REGRETS! It is amazing!


I wanted to let my haul cure for a bit (I'm trying to be a good wax addict and wait until the melt-by dates on the bags), but I could not resist melting one of my samples, Sunshine and Sea Salt. Isn't that teeny bundt so cute? This one smelled AMAZING! Throw was strong and it just smelled fresh and beachy. It melted it on and off for a few days in my bedroom and it still had a nice throw. I will for sure be purchasing more of this one when it is available (or put in a custom order next time she opens up customs).


At the beginning of the week, I decided to melt some of my recently acquired Vintage Chic Scents. This brand gets a whole lot of hype and I tried them to see if they live up to it. I have also heard that curing is essential for this brand to have a nice throw. The other blends that I purchased from them I'm going to let cure for another month or so before I try them, but I tried two blends from VCS this week that I thought were ready.

Vintage Chic Scents Aunt Nellie's Holiday Treat

Scent Notes: Bear Claws, Zucchini Bread, Marshmallow Birthday Cake, Vanilla Bean Noel

Throw: Very good (cured for 1 month)

Thoughts: This is bakery heaven! I love the warm, cinnamony zucchini bread scent. It's a homey and comforting blend that I think bakery lovers would all enjoy.


Vintage Chic Scents Strawberry Jackie O

Scent Notes: Strawberry, Marshmallow Birthday Cake, Vanilla Bean Noel

Throw: Medium (cured for 1 month)

Thoughts: This was a nice strawberries and cream scent. It isn't overpoweringly strong, but I found it got stronger as it melted for a bit. It did come in this gorgeous Dahlia that I cut up. I warmed it for 15 seconds on each side and it cut just beautifully into 8 chunks.



During the week, I made a trip to Hobby Lobby for some Valentine's candy bags, and I think I figured out how you know that wax has become an obsession: when all you can do is think about what cute wax these silicone molds would make! Wouldn't they though?! And then you have the urge to buy them even though you do not make wax and therefore would have no use for them...except baking...I still might go back and get them for baking...


This weekend, the hubby and I got away to visit the lake. It ended up being not so relaxing because I ended up taking down Christmas decorations for my mom the whole weekend (3 trees guys...3 Christmas trees). While we were there, we took a trip to Wal-Mart and I decided to check out some Better Homes & Gardens wax.

Better Homes and Gardens Tropical Pina Colada and Vanilla Cookie Crunch (I decided to melt these together for a fun tropical bakery scent).

Scent Notes: 
Tropical Pina Colada: traditional pineapple/coconut blend, not too sweet
Vanilla Cookie Crunch: buttery sugar cookie

Throw: Blended together, they had a nice throw that I could smell throughout the living room and kitchen, not overpowering

Thoughts: I really liked these scents! It wasn't an in your face luau sort of scent, but a nice subtle tropical scent. I also feel like the Vanilla Cookie Crunch would be nice blender for many scents to give them a little bakery kick.


Better Homes and Gardens Sugared Lavender Twist

Scent Notes: sweet sugary lavender

Throw: STRONG. This one threw like a champ and I had to turn it off after a bit.

Thoughts: This one really reminded me a little of Pink Sugar somehow. It's a very sweet lavender scent vs herbally lavender, so it is one that I do like.


I also took along some other scents to the lake to try. I was very excited for this next one because it is a Pink Sands blend, which is one of my favorite Yankee Candles ever!

Super Tarts Sand Dollar Cookies

Scent Notes: Cotton Candy, Pink Sands, Sugar Cookies

Throw: Strong (cured for a few weeks)

Thoughts: It definitely has that true Pink Sands scent in there and it is sweetened up a bit with the cotton candy and sugar cookie. I'm always happy when I find some wax that is reminiscent of a candle that I love (because I hate burning candles!)


As I mentioned, I got in the mood to try a lot of samples this week that I have gotten in different packages (including the one from Savannah Blue that I already mentioned). 

Super Tarts PF Changs

Scent Notes: Pecan Rugalach Cookies, Cinnamon, Challah Bread, Brown Sugar

Throw: STRONG

Thoughts: This is such an authentic bakery scent! I really get the notes of pecan, cinnamon, brown sugar, and bread coming through and it is really nice. This one is powerful, so a little will go a long way!


Super Tarts Body Snatchers

Scent Notes: Frosted Banana Cupcakes, Sugar Cookies, Caramel Drizzle

Throw: Medium/Strong

Thoughts: This is another nice bakery scent! I don't get an overwhelming banana scent, but instead a nice rounded banana bakery scent that is quite interesting. I swear the caramel note is almost a little powdery in finish, but I really like it. And isn't it pretty melting?



L3 Waxy Wonders Pistachio Pudding Cake/Sugar Cookie/Jet Puff Mallo

Scent Notes: As listed

Throw: Strong

Thoughts: Like most pistachio blends, it is the predominant thing that you smell. This one I didn't find cloying or overly almondy like some pistachio scents can be (maybe balanced out with the cookie and marshmallow scents). Also...I love the cute little treeeee!


So that's it for this week's Waxy Wednesday! I swear, I have nail polish things coming soon! Thanks for looking everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment