Monday, January 19, 2015

China Glaze Road Trip Collection (My Picks)

*Purchased by Me*

Hi everyone! Today I have 9 of the 12 new Spring 2015 shades from China Glaze's Road Trip Collection. I must say, though there have been a few individual shades from China Glaze that I have liked recently, but I can't remember the last time an entire China Glaze collection excited me so much! I saw Love Varnish's amazing swatches of this collection and I immediately ordered 6 of them (all of the shimmers and 2 of the crellys) and then promptly picked up 3 more of the crellys at Ulta. I can really appreciate something simple that is done well, and that is what this collection is. There are 3 more crellys that I did not get, but I may get them too before it's all said and done.

China-Glaze-Road-Trip


The first five I'm going to show you are the crellys. The reason I went back to get more of these is because they are beautiful colors and I adore the formula. They all have a nice crelly formula which is very shiny and a bit squishy looking, but fully opaque in 2 coats. Also, they clean up really nicely, which is a feature I adore! I didn't find any visible nail line at 2 coats with these, but I used 1 thinner coat + 1 thicker coat. If you like to use thin coats, they may be 3 coaters.

Boho Blues is a medium periwinkle blue crelly. This is one of those blues that my camera hates because it pulls slightly more purple in real life but my camera makes it look "blue blue". I tried to adjust a little, but it is still slightly more periwinkle. It's a lovely refreshing shade and I've been looking for a terrific periwinkle!

China-Glaze-Boho-Blues

China-Glaze-Boho-Blues

More to Explore is a bright peach crelly. Oh man, really digging this one! I am sorely lacking in peach cremes in my collection, and this one is so bright and cheery! I promptly put it on my toes after swatching it (for my first pedicure since *cough* October *cough*).

China-Glaze-More-to-ExploreChina-Glaze-More-to-Explore

Pop the Trunk is a bright orange crelly. This one leans ever so slightly red. I'm a sucker for oranges and this is a great one. I REALLY appreciate the no stainy-ness aspect of this one because I have a true orange creme that is sort of similar to this, but is stains my cuticles so I have to be super careful with application when I use it. No worries with this pretty though!

China-Glaze-Pop-the-Trunk
Add caption

China-Glaze-Pop-the-Trunk

License & Registration Pls is a medium blue crelly. Oooh this is a gorgeous blue and pretty unique among my blue creme collection.

China-Glaze-License-&-Registration-Pls

China-Glaze-License-&-Registration-Pls

Trip of a Lime Time is a yellow-leaning lime green crelly. This one probably won't be for everyone, but if you love limey greens then you should definitely get it! It's so bright and fun for spring/summer!

Trip-of-a-Lime-Time

China-Glaze-Trip-of-a-Lime-Time

Next we have the shimmers of the collection. There were a total of 4 shimmers and I got them all. They all have a fine copper shimmer running through them that is very delicate and glowy. Formula was nice on all of these as well and they are best at 3 thin coats (or 2 thicker coats).

Wanderlust is a light pinky purple creme filled with fine copper shimmer. This baby is just gorgeous! It is one of my favorites in the collection! It feels so dainty and feminine...a must have!

China-Glaze-Wanderlust

China-Glaze-Wanderlust

China-Glaze-Wanderlust

China-Glaze-Wanderlust

Dashboard Dreamer is a powder blue creme filled with fine copper shimmer. Look at that contrast! I love that the shimmer in these pastel cremes softens them up a bit and keeps them from being too stark. This one is another winner for sure!

China-Glaze-Dashboard-Dreamer

China-Glaze-Dashboard-Dreamer

China-Glaze-Dashboard-Dreamer

China-Glaze-Dashboard-Dreamer

Sun's Up, Top Down is a bright yellow creme filled with fine copper shimmer. Since this was a darker color than the others, the shimmer doesn't pop quite as much but it is still lovely. This is a "banana yellow" that I thought was really fun.





Pack Lightly is a light peach filled with fine copper shimmer. I think that the shimmer is probably the least pronounced in this shade because the copper is so close to the peach, but it just gives a nice softeness and depth to the polish. Also, it's so flattering!





China Glaze's Road Trip Collection should be available soon in stores that carry China Glaze (I get mine from Ulta and Sally Beauty Supply locally). You can also order them online from Head2Toe Beauty now (like I did).

No comments:

Post a Comment