Monday, September 19, 2016

31DC2016 - Delicate Print - Madame de Pompadour Inspired

*Nothing to Disclose*

Hi everyone! For my Delicate Print in the 31 Day Challenge, I decided to revisit my favorite brocade stamping plate from MoYou-London! I have a Doctor Who design that I have meant to do for awhile (ever since I bought this base polish) and I finally did it!

For this mani, I started out with a base of Pahlish Reinette. Reinette, aka Madame de Pompadour, was the main character in the widely loved Doctor Who episode The Girl in the Fireplace. In this episode, some clockwork androids are stalking Reinette and the Doctor and his companions land on their ship which has passageways that lead through her fireplace and to different times in her life in 18th century France. It's a bit of a love story for the Doctor and he finally saves her from the androids which are trying to get her brain to repair their ship. So after my base of Reinette dried, I used the Essie Penny Talk and stamped another brocade design from my favorite plate ever, MoYou-London Fashionista Plate 07. On my middle two nails I used a clock stamp from Bundle Monster plate H14 to represent the clock that sat over Reinette's fireplace in her room. Then I used a cameo stamp from Bundle Monster plate 407 to represent Reinette herself. I'm so glad I finally did this mani! It might not be as delicate as I imagined it would be, but I still like it! All I can say is...thank goodness for clear stampers so I could center the cameo and clock!



Be sure to check out what the other ladies did for their delicate manis! Thanks for looking everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment