Saturday, September 3, 2016

31DC2016 - Yellow - Sunflower Nails

*Nothing to Disclose*

Hi everyone! For day 3 of the 31 Day Challenge the theme is Yellow. I was particularly pleased with how this beautiful mani came together, so let's get on to it!



For my mani, I was initially inspired by a yellow polish from the new OPI Fall 2016 Collection, Never a Dulles Moment. I started with that as my base and then a really subtle dry brush effect with another polish from that collection, Freedom of Peach. I then went back with an ochre yellow acrylic paint and added a little more dimension to the dry brushed look. I then stamped over my base with a full flower image from Winstonia plate W-04 and Hit Polish Every Day I'm Truffling. Finally, I filled in the center of the flower with dots using brown and black acrylic paint as well as some more Every Day I'm Truffling. Overall, I was in love with this mani. Does it truly resemble a sunflower? Ehhh...not really? But the colors had a sunflower feel so I'm calling it that. :D



Be sure to check out what everyone came up for the yellow theme of the day. Thanks for looking everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment