Saturday, August 18, 2012

31 Day Polish Challenge Day 11: Dots

I'm so excited to share my next few manis with you guys! I am not known for doing nail art as I have tended to shy away from it due to lack of skills/confidence with it. This challenge has forced me to try new things and I am REALLY enjoying them so much!

For my dotticure, I started off with a base of Orly Preamp and then used multicolored pastels for the dots. I was quite pleased with the results. I don't have a proper dotting tool yet, so I used the tip of a bobby pin for the dots.




Here are all of the polishes that I used for the base and dots: Orly Preamp, Linda Johansen Key Lime and Bikini Bottom, Essence Oh My Glitter


Here are some pictures of Orly Preamp on its own. It is from the fall Electronica collection that is out in stores now. It takes a special pink for me to purchase it...and trust me this one is very special. The shimmer is absolutely amazing!



Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

  1. I can't believe out of everything that's been released lately, Preamp is the only one that's caught my eye! Or maybe it's because I actually do need a pink like it in my collection :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definantly need it! It is a fun pink for sure!

      Delete
  2. Ouuu how pretty!! I like how the dots are on the corners of the nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color scheme you choose! (my mom just passed by and said "oh those nails are so pretty and feminine!" lol)

    I'm very much lazy for nailart, the only thing I do (sparingly) is stamping and gradients :p I think I have only done one dotticure, me thinks I need to take out the dotting tool more often ;) thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually don't do nail art, but this challenge has really woken up a nail art beast in me. I love it!

      Delete
  4. Hey Jenny,
    I tagged you for a Liebster Award!! :)
    Thanks for all your awesome blog posts and good luck in the future <3
    http://polishandpatience.blogspot.com/2012/08/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie! I need to do a Liebster Award post (I got nominated by a few people) but I haven't had my computer much the past few weeks and it looks like I am going to have it even less now. I barely have had time to make my regular 31 day challenge posts. I am so behind!

      Delete