Saturday, February 16, 2013

Valentine's Week Manis

I haven't been really festive this February so far, but I decided to do a few manis this week that were somewhat in theme.

Here is the actual mani I did on Valentine's Day. It was inspired by my favorite Valentine's candy, conversation hearts. And what better to pose with but a yummy heart cookie! For this mani I did pastel skittles with (thumb-pinky) OPI What's With the Cattitude, OPI Sparrow Me the Drama, Revlon Buttercup, OPI Planks a Lot, and Americal Apparel Office. Then I stamped with Bundle Monster plate 317 and Americal Apparel Angeline. Finally I topped it off with Essie Matte About You to mimic the chalky texture of the candy.



Next up is Smitten Polish Candy Kisses. This polish has a mixture of pink and purple glitters (some satin, some metallic) in a milky white jelly base. I did 3 coats for this mani. Smitten has gotten me obsessed with milky glitters...





Finally I had to have a glowy, red mani stuck in there somewhere so I opted for one of my favorites: HARE Polish Dog Day Dream. This polish is IMPOSSIBLE to photograph, but it is one of my favorite HAREs. It is a red jelly base with purple, pink, and orange metallic glitter. This is 2 coats over Chanel Pirate. These photos were better than my previous attempts at capturing it but they do not do it justice.  





HARE Polish and Smitten Polish can both be found at Llarowe as well as from their Etsy Stores (HARE Polish, Smitten Polish). Thanks for looking everyone!  

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous as always!! :) I adore Dog Day Dream...one of my fave indies! And you're right, she is very difficult to photograph lol.

    ReplyDelete