Monday, March 23, 2015

China Glaze Electric Nights Collection

*Purchased by Me*

Hi everyone! Today I have China Glaze's Electric Nights Collection for Summer 2015 to share with you! This is a 12 piece collection that contains 9 neon/bright cremes and 3 neon glitter toppers. These pretties will officially be hitting stores in April, but I picked mine up online from Head2Toe Beauty.

China-Glaze-Electric-Nights
First up I will talk about the formula of the cremes/crellies. I found that these had a pretty similar formula across the board and they reminded me very much of the cremes from the spring collection. They have a very thin, crelly-like formula that applies best by using thicker coats and a light touch to avoid any streaking. I found that by applying them this way, I really didn't have any application issues to report. Since the formula is on the thinner side, take care to wipe down one side of the brush before applying each coat to avoid the brush being overloaded and to prevent running. I did love that the crelly nature of them made them really easy to clean up without any staining of the cuticles. I did not find it necessary to layer these over white, but you can if you prefer to layer neons. In summary, I personally really enjoy the formula of these just like I did with the spring crellies, but I remember there were a lot of mixed feelings about the formula of those so know that going in.

Neons are notoriously tough to capture accurately, and I found that I got the most accurate photos by using my iPhone 6 camera. The neon nature of these also causes them to appear brighter in the sunshine/bright light than they do in normal indoor lighting.

Glow With the Flow is a cool-toned neon pink crelly. I find that most neon pink cremes tend to lean towards the warm side so I'm always pleased to find cool toned ones. The only other cooler toned hot/neon pink cremes I have are China Glaze You Drive Me Coconuts and KBShimmer Beach Please, and Glow With the Flow is a lighter pink than those while still being super bright. This is 2 coats.

China-Glaze-Glow-With-the-Flow

Red-y to Rave is a neon reddish orange crelly. I think this one is supposed to be a neon red, but it mostly looks orange/corally. It's neon nature really comes out in bright light (like below) and it is slightly more demure in normal lighting, so you will notice major color difference. This one went on my toes straight away, it's so fab! This is 2 coats.

China-Glaze-Red-y-to-Rave

Home Sweet House Music is a neon light orange crelly. This one is such a fabulous color! I've been embracing oranges like this more and more lately, and this one is truly unique in my collection! It reminds me of a neon version of OPI Where Did Suzi's Man-go? This is 2 coats.

China-Glaze-Home-Sweet-House-Music

Daisy Know My Name? is a neon yellow crelly. This is definitely not the most neon, highlighter yellow that I've ever seen, but it is still really bright. I also appreciate that the formula is easy to work with for a yellow, especially a neon yellow (which historically seems to be the holy grail of application issues when it comes to nail polish shades). I could have gotten away with 2 coats of this one, but I thought it looked better at 3 coats since it is a touch more sheer than the others.

China-Glaze-Daisy-Know-My-Name?

Treble Maker is a cool toned neon green crelly. This is such a pretty color! I've found that a lot of neon greens tend to be really warm, yellow-toned lime greens but I appreciate that this one leans the other way and is more of a neon kelly green. When I first saw this, I thought it would be close to OPI You Are So Outta Lime, but that one is lighter and much more limey green. This is 3 coats.

China-Glaze-Treble-Maker

DJ Blue My Mind is a bright medium blue creme. This is a GORGEOUS blue! I'm seriously in love with it! When I saw it, I thought it might be similar to FingerPaints Inkblot Blue, but it is considerably lighter and brighter than that one. This is 2 coats.

China-Glaze-DJ-Blue-My-Mind

UV Meant to Be is a bright aqua blue crelly. This is probably the creamiest and least neon of all of the crellys in this collection. It is more just a bright blue. I was looking at possible comparisons among my blue cremes, but I didn't find any exact dupes. The closest one I found was Maybelline Day Glow Teal from the Bleached Neons Collection from last year, but it still leaned warmer and more tealy. This is 2 coats.

China-Glaze-UV-Meant-to-Be

PLUR-ple is a bright purple crelly. I was extremely excited for this polish because it is such a unique for a purple in a "neon collection" and it did not disappoint. I could not find anything remotely close to it in my purple cremes, so it's definitely a must-have for purple lovers. This is 2 coats.

China-Glaze-PLUR-ple

Violet Vibes is a bright violet crelly. When I first saw this one, I thought it looked dupey to pretty much every neon purple that comes out. I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't a dupe for the two that I do own (Color Club Mrs. Robinson and FingerPaints Pop Art Purple are considerably warmer and more fuchsia in comparison), but if you have a similar one this probably isn't a must-have. I found that even though this was one of the darker ones, it was more on the sheer side so I used 3 coats here.

China-Glaze-Violet-Vibes

Next we have the 3 neon glitters in this collection. First, I'm really impressed with China Glaze for coming out with these very indie-esque glitters. The formula is pretty much the same for these across the board. I found that they were very base heavy, so take care to wipe the excess clear polish off of the brush before applying to avoid getting bubbles (which happened to me below). That being said, I found that the glitter came out easily and spread well without dabbing. I used 2 coats of each of these over white (KBShimmer Eyes White Open) for each of these swatches, but you could layer them over other light base colors for a nice effect.

Point Me to the Party is a multicolored matte neon glitter topper in a clear base. I have a feeling this is going to be the most popular of the three because it definitely lives up to its name and is a party on the nail. you could layer this over a variety of colors and it would be lovely. This is 2 coats over white.

China-Glaze-Point-Me-to-the-Party

China-Glaze-Point-Me-to-the-Party

China-Glaze-Point-Me-to-the-Party

Let the Beat Drop is a pink, orange, and purple matte neon glitter topper in a clear base. I really love the color combo of this one SO much. It would look fab over a pink or orange base too. This is 2 coats over white.

China-Glaze-Let-the-Beat-Drop

China-Glaze-Let-the-Beat-DropChina-Glaze-Let-the-Beat-Drop

Can I Get an Untz Untz is a green, blue, and purple matte neon glitter topper in a clear base. I found that the purple glitters in this one were a little sparse, but it was easy to get them out. It's still beautiful color combo and it would look really nice over a bright green or blue base. This is 2 coats over white.

China-Glaze-Can-I-Get-an-Untz-Untz

China-Glaze-Can-I-Get-an-Untz-Untz

China-Glaze-Can-I-Get-an-Untz-Untz

China Glaze's Electric Nights should be available in April in stores that carry China Glaze (I get mine from Ulta and Sally Beauty Supply locally). You can also order them online from Head2Toe Beauty now if you want to get them a bit early like I did. 

So what do you think of these neon brights? Are there any that stand out to you? Thanks for looking everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment