Friday, June 28, 2013

Fun with L.A. Girl Sand Blast Polishes

Hi everyone! Something crazy has happened...I have found textured polishes that I LOVE without topcoat. I have avoided the textured "creme" polishes since they were released because I was sure I would hate them. Even said some not-so-nice things about them. I recently stumbled upon some released from LA. Girl, the Sand Blast collection, and I decided to give them a try because I loved the colors (and hey...they were cheap!). I picked up a purple, blue, green, and a gold glitter that reminds me a vaguely of OPI Honey Ryder, but I like it much better. For today's mani I decide to play with the blue and green.

Sandy Beach is a saturated, Royal blue polish "creme" polish with texture. There are no sparkles in it at all. Green Sand is a light green texture polish that does contain a few sparkles, but they aren't super obvious and sparkly upon drying like some I have encountered (such as OPI Jinx, Julie G Sugar Rush and Julie G Hot Cinnamon). It is a gorgeous shade of green and because it does have sparkles, I will eventually topcoat it I'm sure. These are both shown at 2 coats. The formula was pretty nice on them, with the green having a slightly thicker formula, but neither gave me any problems. I decided to stamp these with Konad White and a design from the Cheeky XL Musical Nails plate. I love the look of the textured polishes stamped!

 
 
 
 
L.A. Girl polishes are available from Rite Aid and online from Cherry Culture. I haven't seen these out at my local Rite Aid yet, so I picked them up from Cherry Culture. What do you guys think about the textured "creme" polishes? I have heard a lot of people aren't too into them, but I would have never in a million years thought I would like them. It might not hurt to at least give them a try either way! With the L.A. Girl, Milani, and Sally Hansen ones around there are some good inexpensive alternatives to try just for fun. As always, thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment