Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Advent Calendar Challenge Day 22: Fruit Cake

There are not many desserts that I abhor more than fruit cake. It is a disgrace to the dessert world. Growing up, my grandmother used to ALWAYS get those disgusting brick fruit cakes from the grocery store and eat them at Christmas. Nope...not me. Since then, I have had some homemade fruit cakes that are a little better, but still not for me. So in honor of the brick grocery store fruit cakes of the world, I decided to do an equally unappetizing mani.

Yep...I know this is ugly. I will preface the pictures with that...but know that was the intention! I started off with a base of Revlon Colorstay Buttercup. Then I added a coat of Candy Lacquer Fruit Squares. Finally I topped it of with a thin coat of CrowsToes A Christmas Crow. The results give off the vibe of the fruit encased in the chewy gross mush of the grocery store fruit cake. And no I did NOT wear this mani anywhere...it was for picture purposes only. These polishes are all beautiful on their own, but together...ugh.

 
 
I really need to wear these polishes on their own to do them proper justice. I will do that soon! Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment