Tuesday, April 8, 2014

30 Day Challenge, Day 8: Shades of Grey

Hi everyone! Today's prompt in the 30 Day Challenge is Shades of Grey. I knew right off the bat that I wanted to a twist on newspaper nails. I used Zoya Kelly (dark grey), American Apparel Factory Grey (medium grey), and OPI Skull & Glossbones (light grey) to do a saran wrap mani as the base. Then I tried to use the newspaper/alcohol trick, but I think my paper was old and the ink would barely transfer. I decided to instead use Pueen plate 53 (from their newer buffet plate set) which sort of gave the feeling of newspaper nails. That buffet plate set is really beautiful, so be sure to check out Pueen's shop if you are into stamping.


(as you can see I had to decant my American Apparel Factory Grey because the bottle broke.)



Here is the mani before the stamping with just the newspaper rubbed on. As you can see, it didn't transfer too well and is just barely there. It still looks pretty cool though. 


Be sure to check out what everyone else is doing for today! Thanks for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment