Monday, October 1, 2012

Purple and Gold Jelly Sandwich

So I have yet another jelly sandwich for you guys. This past weekend was my 10 year class reunion and since my high school colors were purple and gold, that was the obvious choice for mani colors.

I decided to use Lynnderella Golden Rules from her Sweet Somethings for the Summer Solstice collection for my glitter. This is pretty much a gold version of Shape Shifter, one of her original polishes. It has all sorts of crazy shapes going on including hexes, bars, stars, and diamonds of varying sizes (and they are holographic). Now I take a little different approach to my jelly sandwich manis sometimes as I cheat and use a non-jelly polish for my base coat. I do this because I often like for there to be some glitter or shimmer underneath the glitter instead of just a jelly polish to give the mani more interest. I started out with 2 coats of Zoya Mimi, then 1-2 coats of Golden Rules (dabbed on), then finished off with 1 coat of my jelly, Verity Deep Violet.

 
 
 
 
This is Zoya Mimi on its own.
 
 
 
 
 
I thought it was festive for the reunion! Thanks for looking everyone. 

 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Phew, I have 2 more years before my HS reunion, don't even want to think about it! Seems like just yesterday! I love this jelly sandwich, especially the star on your index finger!!! What a pretty Lynnderella!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes time flies by. I can't believe it has been 10 years!

      Delete